Opteon XP40- R-449A Refrigerant 25lb jug (R22, R404A, R507, R407A/F Replacement). Low Global Warming Potential, non-ozone depleting HFO based refrigerant.
Opteon™ XP40 also known as R-449A is a non-ozone depleting, low global warming potential (GWP) hydrofluoro-olefin (HFO) based refrigerant replacement for R-404A/R-507, R-407A/F, and R-22 for new equipment and retrofit of existing systems. Opteon™ XP40 has a GWP of 1282, which is a 67% reduction over other refrigerants, and provides energy consumption 8-12% lower than R-404A/R-507. Compared to R-407A, Opteon™ XP40 offers improved performance, similar capacity and 33% lower GWP than other refrigerants. This is ideal for LEED certified projects or any application where energy consumption and performance is a concern.
- Low- and medium-temperature commercial and industrial DX refrigeration
- Food service (e.g., condensing units)
- Cold storage
- Self-contained systems
- Centralized rack systems
- Distributed systems
- Walk-in coolers/freezers, prep rooms, etc
- Direct expansion
- New equipment/retrofit of existing systems
Why Should I Buy?
- Low GWP: 65% reduction compared to R-404A/R-507*
- 8-12% more energy efficient than R-404A/R-507
- Safe and nonflammable**
- Approved by major equipment and component manufacturers
- Alternative to R-407 series low- and medium-temperature re- frigerants
- Compatible with existing equipment design/lubricants
- Superior efficiency to CO2
- Extensively field tested with no equipment/lubricant/seal changes***
- Can be topped off after leaks