20 Ton Rheem Central Air Split System Three Phase RACL2-240, RHCLA-240
Rheem Commercial High-Efficiency Condensing Unit
Standard Unit Features
- CABINET - Galvanized steel with a durable finish. Stamped louvered panels offer 100% protection for the condenser coil. All access panels can be opened or removed without affecting the structural strength of the unit.
- COMPRESSOR - The Scroll Compressor is hermetically sealed with internal overload protection and durable insulation on motor windings. The entire compressor is mounted on rubber grommets to reduce vibration and noise.
- CONDENSER COIL - Constructed with copper tubes and aluminum fins mechanically bonded to the tubes for maximum heat transfer capabilities. All coil assemblies are leak tested up to 550 PSIG (3792 kPa) internal pressure.
- BASE PAN - Galvanized steel with weather-resistant baked enamel finish.
- REFRIGERANT CONNECTIONS - All field sweat joints are made external of the unit and are located close to the ground for a neat looking installation
- CRANKCASE HEATERS - Standard, all models. Prevents refrigerant migration to compressor(s).
- LOW AMBIENT CONTROL - A pressure sensitive fan cycling control to allow unit operation down to 0°F [–17.8°C] is standard.
- SERVICE VALVES - Standard on liquid and suction lines. Allows outdoor section to be isolated from indoor coil.
- SERVICE ACCESS - Control box with separate line and control voltages, as well as compressor and other refrigerant controls are accessible through access panels. An electrical access cover may be opened or removed without affecting normal operation of the unit. Condenser fan motors are equipped with molded plugs for easy removal. Louver panels and end access panel can be removed for coil cleaning.
- FILTER DRIER - Standard (uninstalled) on all models. Helps ensure refrigerant cleanliness.
- TRANSFORMER - 75 VA step-down type, from Line to 24 volts with resetable circuit breaker.
- CONTACTOR - The contactor is an electrical switch which operates the compressor and outdoor fans. Its 24 volt coil is activated on a call for cooling or heating.
- HIGH PRESSURE CONTROL & AUTORESET LOW PRESSURE CONTROL -To provide compressor protection under abnormally high head pressure conditions (outdoor fan failure, restriction, dirty coil, etc.) or abnormally low suction pressure conditions (restrictions, TEV failure, loss of charge, indoor blower failure, etc.) while eliminating nuisance tripping sometimes experienced with conventional control systems.
- CONDENSER FAN MOTOR (Direct Drive) - Ball bearing 1075 RPM motors are mounted to minimize vibration and noise problems. These are permanent split capacitor types. ECM fan motor (10 Ton)
- TESTING - All units are run tested at the factory prior to shipment. Units are shipped with a holding charge of nitrogen.
- EXTERNAL GAUGE PORTS - Allows pressures to be checked without removing access panel.
- COIL LOUVERS - Helps prevent damage to outdoor coils.
- TIME DELAY - Supplied on tandem compressor models to provide a delay between stages.
- EQUIPMENTGROUND - Lug for field connection of ground wire.
Rheem Commercial RHCLA Commercial Air Handler
Standard Unit Features
Cabinet - Powder coat painted. Matching discharge plenums and decorative supply and return air grilles are available for use when units are to be installed within conditioned space.
Motor- Inherently protected motors are mounted inside of insulated cabinet to reduce motor noise. A choice of motor horsepowers and drive combinations are available to allow you to meet specified CFM at various static pressures up to 2" [.498 kPa] external static pressure.
Low Profile - Allows for horizontal installation in most standard drop ceiling applications, and the movement of units through most standard doorways for addition or replacement work.
Thermal Expansion Valves - Standard all models.
Filters - One inch [25 mm] throwaway filters are standard, but filter racks are designed to accept either one inch [25 mm] or two inch [51 mm] filters.
Evaporator Coil -Two circuit, interlaced row split coils are constructed with copper tubes and aluminum fins mechanically bonded to the tubes for maximum heat transfer capabilities. All coil assemblies are leak tested up to 450 PSIG [3100 kPa] internal pressure prior to installation into units.
Refrigerant Connections - Field piping connections are made through a fixed post between two side access panels on either side of the unit. Allows flexibility to meet most field conditions as well as full accessibility after the installation is complete.
Units may be used with two straight cool condensing units or single circuit manifolded in the field using the copper fittings shipped with each unit.
Drain Pan -The galvanized steel drain pan is designed to trap condensate in either vertical or horizontal installations. Condensate drain connections are located on both sides of the unit allowing complete flexibility to meet most field conditions.
Service Access -Two removable panels on top and each side of the unit are easily removed for access to motors, blowers, sheaves, and filters.
Horizontal or Vertical - All models are designed for either application and can be installed in either position as supplied from the factory.
Testing - All units are run tested at the factory prior to shipment.
Units are shipped with a holding charge of nitrogen.